Skincare Regime for Dry Skin, Eczema & Psoriasis
Morning and Night
- Wash your face and affected skin with a non-foaming cleanser in lukewarm (not hot) water.
- Use a non-astringent, alcohol free toner [ i.e. Simply Better Hydrosol range ]
- Moisturise your face [ i.e. with Simply Better Facial Lotion or Oil range ]
Dry skin such as eczema and psoriasis is especially susceptible to infection so it is especially important to wash your hands thoroughly before your cleansing routine.
It is important to use a moisturiser as dry skin needs moisturisation and is less able to retain water.
Do not use any products containing alcohol (listed on the ingredients as ethanol, methanol, ethyl alcohol or methyl alcohol) because these will be even more drying.
Do not use any facial scrubs or exfoliating products.
Once a week
After your night-time cleansing but before putting any products on your skin give yourself a facial steam to relax and soften your skin.
- Boil 1-2 litres of water. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a basin or pot on a table using a thick mat to protect the table surface and pour in the water. Add 3-4 drops of essential oils [ i.e. Simply Better Essential Oil Blend ].
- Use a towel to make a tent over your head and the steaming water
- Stay in the 'tent' for 10 minutes, coming out for air whenever you need to. Take care not to burn your face and keep your eyes closed to prevent them stinging from the aromatic essential oils.
This will make your skin softer and more hydrated, and putting moisturiser over the skin will help to lock in more moisture.