Skincare Regime for Oily Skin and Acne
Morning and Night
- Wash your face with a foaming cleanser
- Use a toner [ i.e. Simply Better Hydrosol range ]
- Spot treat any pimples [ i.e. with Blemish Soothing Oil ]
- Moisturise your face [ i.e. with Simply Better Facial Lotion or Oil range ]
It is important to use a moisturiser. It may seem silly to put lotion or facial oil on oily skin but if you don't your skin will produce even more oil to replace the oil removed during the cleansing process.
Once a week
Before your night-time cleansing routine give yourself a facial steam to open the pores of your skin.
- Boil 1-2 litres of water. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a basin or pot on a table using a thick mat to protect the table surface and pour in the water. Add 3-4 drops of essential oils [ i.e. Simply Better Essential Oil Blend ].
- Use a towel to make a tent over your head and the steaming water
- Stay in the 'tent' for 10 minutes, coming out for air whenever you need to. Take care not to burn your face and keep your eyes closed to prevent them stinging from the aromatic essential oils.
This will open the skin pores on your face allowing you to have a deeper, more effective cleanse.